Video Notes: Flames of War, Islamic State's first major release of a feature-length video, set the bar high for their media production and inspired many of its later releases. For full length video, please see chapter on How to Produce and Edit a Beheading from The Islamic State (ISIS) Logistics of Holding Hostages: Guarding, Moving, and Setting Decoys.Of all the posthumously published ideas the father of modern strategy left us, Carl von Clausewitz is best remembered for his immortal dictum: “war is the continuation of politics by other means.” A phrase more often than not misinterpreted and misrepresented over the centuries since it was first penned, the good General's intention was most likely to simply emphasize the similarity between violent conflict and politics, as well as the fact that the use of force should serve the rational ends of the nation-state. Having witnessed the bloody reality that was the Napoleonic wars, von Clausewitz wished to…
You must be logged in to access the rest of this content.
TRAC is a unique, comprehensive resource for the study of political violence of all kinds.
Already a member? Login here.
Table of Contents
- Conflict and the Will to Win
- Defining the Unpopular
- The History of Non-Violent Persuasion
- Propaganda as a Tool of Modern Secularized Politics and Extreme Ideologies
- Propaganda's New Context: Mawdudi, Qut'b and Abdullah Azzam - Jihad Recontextualized
- Propaganda Forgotten, Propaganda Repackaged
- Resources and Further Reading